The Spring 2021 SI Leader Application is OPEN and can be found here!!
Spring 2021 SI Leader Hiring Process
November 2- SI Leader Application opens
November 11 at 7:30 p.m.- Interest Session on Webex (join by clicking here)
November 30 at noon- SI Leader Application closes- UPDATED
December 1-4- SI Leader Interviews on Webex- UPDATED
Spring 2021 Open SI Leader Positions
The positions below are open at this time. This list is likely to change. Please continue to check back for the most up to date information.
Animal Biology | Asynchronous Online | Williamson
Biology II | TR 8-9:15 | Barton
Cell Biology | MWF 9:10-10 | Kaplan
General Microbiology | Asynchronous Online | Roberts
Chemistry II | MWF 10:20-11:10 | Dornshuld
Calculus I | MWF 8-8:50, 1:50-2:40
Calculus II | TR 8-9:15
Calculus II | MWF 8-8:50, 1:50-2:40, 9:10-10
*Engineering Mechanics I | See application for more information
*Engineering Mechanics II | See application for more information
*Positions contingent upon funding.
SI Leader Job Description
SI Leaders typically work 10 hours each week. A work week varies by position but generally follows the breakdown below:
- 2-3 hours attending class
- 3 hours holding SI Sessions
- 2 hours planning for SI Sessions
- 1 hour holding an Office Hour
- 30 minutes of supervision with SI Supervisor
- 30 minutes of supervision with SI Instructor/Professor
Requirements to become an SI Leader
- Applicants must make an A in the course in which they would be an SI Leader. In addition, the course must be taken at MSU.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have a 3.25 GPA
What are the benefits of becoming an SI Leader?
SI Leaders have the opportunity to serve students at MSU, work closely with faculty, and gain valuable leadership experience. SI Leaders are also able to register for classes early.
The pay increases the longer you work with us:
1st year- $8.50 per hour
2nd year- $9.25 per hour
3rd year- $10 per hour